High School Assessment - H.E.A.T.
Heating Electrical Air Conditioning Technology H.E.A.T. is a 100-question, end-of-program, high school student outcome assessment. To accommodate geographical differences, two versions
are available, one that reflects oil heat, and the other gas heat.
The examination covers:
- Electrical theory
- Electrical safety
- Electrical components
- Fundamental motors and capacitors
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Interpreting electrical diagrams
- Electrical meter usage
- Air conditioning and refrigeration theory
- Air conditioning systems and components
- Air conditioning equipment service
- Air conditioning troubleshooting
- Refrigerant flow control theory and application
- Heating systems and components
- Combustion theory and heating fuels
- Heating safety
- Furnace installation and service
- Furnace troubleshooting
H.E.A.T. Plus is a multi-exam package that includes:
- 100-question H.E.A.T. exam
- 25-question core exam on: computer literacy, safety, related math, employability skills, work ethics
- Hands-on performance test
Comparative Analysis Reports
Proctors can log in to review candidate test results and access detailed statistical reports. These reports help instructors pinpoint strengths and weaknesses in their
instruction. Additionally, these reports aid the program in documentation for Perkins compliance. The top of the report provides information on how the class did on
the exam. The bottom of the report shows how others did nationally on the same exam.
Students who successfully pass these exams are awarded a certificate of achievement.